Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Woodstock 5k | 2015

I've posted about Woodstock before here and here. The Woodstock 5k is definitely one of the biggest races in Alabama. This year there were over 1,500 runners, a record. I didn't participate this year because of other stuff going on but I did go to support my friend Krystle and her boyfriend as they ran. I decided to take my camera and attempt some action shots because I've never done that with my dslr before. I was really pleased with how some of them turned out. 

I feel like I saw everyone I've ever met at the race, but I actually really enjoyed it. It felt like an awesome coming together of the community, and for a great reason. It's so awesome to see there are that many people in my hometown concerned with health and fitness. Although I will admit, I felt like a slothful fatty just taking pictures of the runners. I almost wore my knee brace so people would think that's why I wasn't running. 

Here are some of my favorite shots from the day, not shared in the collage:


By the way, the winner finished the full 5k in a little over 15 minutes. I can barely do ONE mile in 11 minutes. 

Have you ever participated in a 5k run before? 

post signature

4 lovely notes:

Jennifer Oliver said...

Awww, Woodstock! It makes my heart hurt that I wasn't there to run it this year. You got some really great shots!

Lacey said...

Nice shots! You totally should have worn the brace. Lol.

Autumn said...

1) Your blog looks awesome!
2) I grew up in a small town and everyone always came out for the 5k whether they ran it or not. It was such a fun tradition and I always saw everyone I knew there too. I started laughing when I read the knee brace comment haha

Laura said...

Great job with the photos!
I have never run a 5k. I was training to do one once but I get shin splints really bad and had to quit because my shins were hurting while sleeping. It was awful. Running will never be something I do.

BUT... I just found a bike ride that seems to be set up kind of like a 5k. I don't think there are awards or anything but you can choose from five or six different ... I don't know what to call them haha. DISTANCES!! 6 mile ride, 15, 24, and so on. I think I'm going to sign up to do this! It sounds run. Although I'm not sure how I'll feel about riding my bike in a crowd! We'll see!