Sunday, August 2, 2015

August Goals | 2015

I cannot believe another month has come and gone. I'm really, really excited for August. There is a lot going on this month that I'm looking forward to! Including: Nashville trip, Tour de Compadres Leg 2 show, trip to Missouri to see my sister and brother in law, the foam glow run, going to St. Louis for the first time, and all the opportunities to photograph said events. Excitement aside, usually when I have a lot of stuff going on, I get off track in my life. I give up on reaching my 10,000 steps a day goal or stop drinking water all together. If I share my goals with you guys, maybe I'll be a little more accountable. So here's what I'm working on in August!

  • Have a more positive outlook. See the glass 1/2 full.
  • 10,000 steps a day. 
  • Do something that scares me or puts me out of my comfort zone.
  • Go a week without spending any money.
  • Finish 2 books.
  • Try (at least) 2 new recipes.
  • Figure out how to use my resistance bands.
  • NO soda. 
  • Last but definitely not least, start doing a daily quiet time again. I've gotten away from this and I miss it. I think spending time with God is a vital part of a relationship with Him and I need to get back where I was.
That's it for August! What are you guys working on?

post signature

4 lovely notes:

Jen said...

Yay!!! We're so excited about your visit!!! I hope we can do some really cool stuff while we're here! How are you doing with your goals so far? I'm happy to see you're still interested in cooking and trying out new dishes. Whatcha planning to cook for your goals this month?

Jen said...

OH! And I was really happy to see that you're aiming to establish a daily quiet time again! That's awesome! That's something I'm trying to do this month, too. I've unfortunately been letting that slide, and I really miss it, too. I just jumped into 1 John last week somewhat randomly because I like that book. Do you have a reading plan that you'll follow for this?

Lacey said...

Oh man, sounds like you have a fun month coming up!! That was me with July. I'm going to try to chill a bit in August to recuperate, lol. Can't wait to hear about your adventures! This all sounds so fun.

Victoria said...

You've already done so much this month and we're just 10 days in!!!! :)

What are you thinking about doing as the thing that puts you out of your comfort zone?!?!?! Those are things that I need to do more of too. :)

Do you have any books in mind?

I can't wait to see what recipes you try!!!

Soda...Oh, I've been craving it more lately! Thankfully, I don't keep it at home, so I only drink it when I go to fast food....but, still. The craving really gets me!

I love that you're working on making your daily quiet time a priority! I've been slacking on my Bible study lately too.