Friday, January 14, 2011


Let me start off by acknowledging the fact I have been reading Jane Austen a lot lately, so that is most likely to blame for this post. I have discovered that one of the things about myself that I don't like is that I don't act as a "lady" should. I will admit that I do act more reserved that a lot of other southern girls, but I could definitely be better. One of the most annoying things I do is my overuse of the words "Crap" and "Oh my gah." Seriously? I feel so immature a lot of the time. I am nineteen years old, not a little girl anymore. I want to be someone who is proper. I know it's not the 1800's anymore and that the "ideal woman" has come a long way since then, but I want to be the definition of the word "lady". I want to improve my eating habits, posture, wear more skirts (haha, that's a bit random, but oh well) and use correct English at all times. So my challenge for myself is to become more of a young woman than a girl. We shall see.

2 lovely notes:

Yelena said...

Jane Austen certainly inspires the feeling to be a proper lady - I've recently bought Mansfield Park, but haven't gotten around to reading it - but i do want to soon. By reading Jane Austen you start walking a bit taller, acting a bit more elegantly and you have this desire to be a lady! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Have a beautiful weekend dear! :)

Jessica said...

I haven't read Mansfield Park...I have quite a few of her books, but at the moment I am reading Sense and Sensibility. It's very true that reading her novels make you start to desire becoming a lady.

You're welcome! Thank you for returning the favor! :)