Sunday, July 12, 2015

Things I Learned // From my Mama

I was homeschooled all the way until 9th grade, so I am blessed to have always had a very close relationship with my mom. She has taught me sooo many things, it's hard to pinpoint just a few. But 
here are some important lessons she taught me. 

...a smile is worth a lot. Always smile; smile to your friends, your enemies, and to complete strangers. Never underestimate the power of a smile.

...wait on the Lord. His plan is different from ours', but He definitely knows what is best for us. HE created us. Do we really think He doesn't have a plan?

...trust your gut. If something doesn't feel right, it probably isn't. 

...everyone should be treated the same. You should treat every single person you meet with the same amount of kindness. You never know what someone is going through or how you can impact their lives.

...be content with the here and now. Live in today and be happy there! Learn to appreciate what you have.

...you can never say "I love you" enough. There are times when this gets on my nerves, not going to lie. Every time I go to bed, every time I leave the house, everytime we hang up the telephone, it even seems like when I check the mailbox she says "I love you!". But as cliche as it is, wouldn't you rather say it too much than not enough?

...always be on time. Or two hours early. I definitely get my punctuality from her!

...prayer and reading the Word are vital to a walk with God. Always keep in touch with God through His Word and talking to Him. 

...always check out the clearance first. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've bought a clothing item at full price. 

...show appreciation. Never forget to say "Thank you" when someone does something kind for you or helps you out. 
Since the last one was show appreciation, this post is to say thank you to my wonderful mother! Love you more than words can say, Mama!


3 lovely notes:

Laura said...

I love this. :)
Love the advice on smiling... and certainly being on time!!

RUTH FASHION DIARY said...

Mums are the best and are a gift from God.

Victoria said...

So my homeschool question was answered!!! :)

I loved this post so much!!! Moms are the best!!! With the exception of the be early part, these pieces of wisdom sound so much like my Mom too. :)