Monday, July 9, 2012

Lately...

I haven't posted in a while...shame on me! A bit of catching up to do? Well, quite honestly, I haven't done much besides work. I have been working at both places, the office and the hospital, until last Wednesday. I said my final goodbyes to my co-workers at the hospital. I expected to be completely happy and to have some dramatic, cinematic moment when I walked through the sliding ER doors for the last time, but I was sad. Some of these people shaped who I am now, and I will miss them.

The new job is going well. It is going to take some time for me to fully understand everything and get to know the new people, but I like the environment and I think it will work out great.

On my days off, I tried to do as much as I could. My sister and I made a day trip to Douglasville, Georgia to do some shopping! I bought several new clothing items from Forever 21. Pretty much made the most expensive transaction I have ever made on clothes. It's nice being able to buy things!

The pool filling up, haha.
On Friday, we bought an inflatable pool.  Haha, yes, I'm serious. But it's been lovely! Sure, I can't even float because my butt touches the bottom of the pool the entire time, but it's still good for beating the heat. I had my great friends Roopa and Sarah over for a swim and BBQ party, and we had a wonderful time!
Does anything say summer more than fresh corn??





Sarah and Roopa!





Roopa made a friend! The newest member of the family, Prim.

I had to work Saturday morning, but after I got off, Jennifer (my sister), Roopa and I all got dressed up and went out for dinner at Chili's. The bar tender swore we were going to see Magic Mike, and tried to explain the plot to us more than once. After Chili's, we grabbed some delicious dessert from Chickfila and then hit up the redbox for some Crazy Stupid Love, which was a pretty good movie!

Anyways, enough rambling. I have thoroughly enjoyed my days off. They go by so quickly, it makes me sad, but it's so nice to have some time off! I hope everyone had a lovely 4th of July and that you are having a wonderful summer!



2 lovely notes:

Melissa88Senick said...

Hope you adjust well to the new judge. Blow up pool looks a little nice for those hot summer days.

Jessica said...

Thank you! And it is...I would love an in-ground pool, but not in the budget currently! :)