Sunday, April 29, 2012

Living the Single Life

Let me talk a little bit about being single. Let me begin by saying there is absolutely nothing wrong with being quote "alone". I have been single my entire life. Yes, I am 20 years old. Is that sad? To some people, yes. To me, not really. Let me explain - I've had my moments where I've just fetal-ed it up in the bed and cried out of nothing more than loneliness. I've been extremely envious over Facebook relationship status changes. I've spent a lot of wasted time, wondering "Why don't guys ever like ME?" and "When will I find someone?" It isn't easy being alone in a society that forces relationships and sex on everyone under the sun, but I am proud to say that I haven't been in 15 meaningless relationships. I am saving myself for someone who will care about ME and will like me for ME. Let's be real, I haven't had this mindset my whole life. At around 13, I started wanting a boyfriend. That hasn't changed since. I still want a boyfriend. But I am going to wait until the right guy comes along, and not just date anyone! I know in my heart that when I am ready for 'him', God will send him my way. I don't want to miss him because I am with the wrong person!



0 lovely notes: