Thursday, September 23, 2010

5 Reasons I Believe I was Born in the Wrong Decade..

I have said it before and I am sure to say it again. I'm not sure I was born in the right decade...I'm too modest, too innocent, and too naive to be living in 2010. And here are a few more reasons that make me believe I should have lived in another time...
#5 - The expectations of women.
So, I know that almost all women are all about equality with men and women. But it doesn't really bother me that men used to be the main "bread winner", and that the woman stayed at home and cooked, cleaned, and took care of the family. I know that's not for all women, but I don't think I would have been complaining about it all the time...

#4 - Hippies.
I wouldn't have been high all of the time...or maybe even any of the time...but still, what's wrong with wanting peace? I'm surprised there aren't more hippies left today...what with the war and all.

#3 - Hollywood's leading men.
MAN! If only men still looked like that today. Wow. Classy, handsome gentlemen. Now they are all muscle and fake tans. Not a fan...

#2 - Movies.
I absolutely love old movies. There is just something fantastical about a black and white movie that really makes you use your mind to imagine the colors of everything. I also love the actors and actresses of this time. Where can you go wrong with Grace Kelly or James Stewart? Oh...and what I would give to see a new Alfred Hitchcock movie in theater.

and...

#1 - Music.
Wow. I LOVE old music. Whether it's the Beach Boys or Elvis, there is just something so...classic...about old music. Before Shawty's fire was burning on the dance floor or Honey's booty was like pow, pow, pow, music actually had meaning.

0 lovely notes: